Windows is known as the highly used OS all around the world. Windows 10 is regarded as a large and quite good operating system. Microsoft has truly gone in quite hard to make sure that its operating system as unified as possible with forceful, free upgraded to older Windows users and so on. Though Windows Updates means it will lead to problems indeed. Let us check it out about it in a detailed way –
Not Able To Upgrade From Windows 7 or Windows 8
Talking about the most common issue with Windows 10 is that this happens when first you install the upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8. It also includes getting a message which Gets Windows 10 app claiming that machines deemed by Microsoft completely viable to get the update which are not compatible following the app never coming in the first place and if it does not get downloaded. If you have got a PC and not able to cling to Windows 7 or Windows 8, there are some important things to go ahead and check:
- Open Control Panel and go with the option of Windows Update. It is time to ensure the PC is fully up to date. In case, it does not get updated then you may run the Windows Update, Troubleshooter.
- You need to go with the option of the Media Creation Tool. Make sure that you do not rely on GWX. You may visit the official site called Microsoft and do save the tool and do run it on the PC you suppose to upgrade. In case it does not work for your back then you need to try it again once again to make sure that the tool has been improved.
- You need to make sure that hardware Disable Execution Prevention has been switched on in the BIOS indicating towards motherboard manual to get help if you require it. Do you have still an issue, you need to go with the option of Start Menu to search for “Performance”, and then you may run ADJUST the appearance and do a performance of Windows. You may click the DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION Tab and do Turn DEP on for all sorts of programs and services. You may go ahead to reboot and try again.
- creators update in March 2017,
- Fall Creators Update in October 2017 and
Windows 10 is known for its amazing features. Here, it needs to mention that it gets pretty big update regularly such as
How To Upgrade The Latest Windows 10 Version –
· the April 18 and October 2018 update last year
Here, each of these major updates introduces the new features to Windows 10 along with a variety of security bug fixes and a whole lot more indeed. Though the fact cannot be ignored that Windows 10 is regarded as the most stable release yet, most people come across the issue of facing the latest version of Windows 10 when it gets released.
Any update like this would not available to everyone and it means you would be needed to resort to manually updating your operating system. Here, it needs to mention that you should kick off upgrading, you would need to make sure that Windows 10 versions you are already running. You may also do this by heading to the “About Windows” screen.
If you are all set to install the latest version of Windows 10, you may go with the Windows Update Tool. Here, it needs to mention that Media Creation Tool is an alternative.
Here, it needs to mention that you may not get to see any sort of reference to upgrade regarding the late version of Windows 10 while using the software or the upgraded version.
You may not know that after installing Windows 10 the old version of the OS is hanging all across in the background and going up with the useful space. Are you wondering a bit regarding this? You have landed at the right place indeed. Time to upgrade and your old version of Windows would not be appearing. The best thing is that it is still in the back of the system and follows by the name “Windows Old” and does take up valuable disk space.
Having Less Free Storage In Comparison Of Earlier –
You probably be asking as to why this occurred and the answer to this thing is that Microsoft would not quite as controlling such as big tech companies. Microsoft is known for keeping a hold of the essential files which play a major role to make up your previous OS in the C:/drive. In case you are one of them who do not prefer to go with a new Windows 10 and make the decision to change back regarding the previous operating system which you probably are more used to.
You may click on the Windows START BUTTON and go ahead to type “CleanUp” to make sure that automatically search the system. A “Disk Cleanup” app needs to appear before you in the hunt of criteria field.
You are not the only one having this issue since any people get to have these issues with Windows Update in Windows 10. You must check that you have upgraded to the Windows 10 Fall Update. If you get to have various problems, you may download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter so that you can reboot and the go-ahead to try to update once again.
Windows Update Is Not Working –
In case it does not get solved then you need to get a bit more stuck in. First, you need to check the System Restore is configured. And do create a restore point. Then you need to use Win-x and choose Command Prompt then do type “NET STOP Wuausery” and then press Enter. You need to follow by “NET STOP BITS” and do press ENTER.
Hope the above-mentioned things will truly help to bring more information to you. Next time if you come across any issues, you may follow them.